What does an Osteopath do in an initial consultation:
This appointment runs for 60 mins.
- Your Osteopath will ask you about your complaint such as where are you sore, how did it happen? What makes it worse, what makes it better? Then will take a comprehensive medical history to discuss any other health concerns that may or may not be related.
- A comprehensive assessment of the body, not only examining the site of pain but also throughout the rest of the body to check what other areas may be involved.
- Joint and muscle movement, nerve testing, special tests for certain joints and other body systems such as heart and lungs.
- Your Osteopath will discuss the diagnosis of your pain, why it has occurred, treatment plan, how we can treat it, and what will take place future consultations. Treatment will begin from your very first appointment and conclude with advice and posture homework if needed.
Follow up Osteopathy consultations:
These appointments run for 30 mins.
- You will discuss how you felt after the last treatment, any changes, pain levels, improvements or any other symptoms.
- Re-examine of key areas, further treatment will take place. Additional advice or homework provided.
Our Osteopathic Philosophy
Our Osteopaths do not believe in getting patients back week after week, our goal is to diagnose your condition, provide treatment, make sure it is working for you, then provide you with tools to manage your condition moving forward to ensure your pain and discomfort does not re-occur.
If needed, your Osteopath might refer you to a GP, an exercise professional, podiatrist, or other practitioners within the practice such as Remedial massage or Pilates if you will receive significant benefit from these treatments.
Is your Osteopath near me?
We are located in Brisbane at 76 Enoggera Road, Newmarket and service suburbs around Newmarket, Wilsyon, Windsor, Grange, Alderley, Ashgrove, Stafford and Kedron.
There is free undercover parking available.