Exercise Physiologist & Clinical Pilates Instructor
Claudia advocates that movement is medicine and uses exercise prescription to assist in the management and prevention of injuries and chronic conditions. It was learning what a powerful tool exercise can be, and how it can significantly enhance a client’s health outcome that sparked Claudia’s interest in Exercise Physiology. Claudia has personally witnessed her confidence, strength and ability to complete tasks improve once she found a form of exercise that best suited her. She strives to enable individuals to take control of their health by implementing an exercise routine that realistically suits their everyday life and includes activities which they enjoy.
Claudia’s special interests include Women’s Health and Pilates but she loves to work with a vast variety of clients. Her experience as a Pilates instructor allows her to compliment gym-based strength exercise with Pilates repertoire to create a dynamic exercise program. Claudia particularly loves to incorporate Pilates with Women’s Health clients, individuals experiencing lower back pain and those who would benefit from enhancing their mind-body connection.
In Claudia’s spare time she practices what she preaches by attending group Pilates classes and going to the gym. She enjoys taking her dog on adventures, going to the beach and spending time with friends and family.
Claudia has a particular interest in:
- Musculoskeletal: Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Osteoporosis, Injury Pre and Rehab and Lower Back Pain.
- Women’s Health: Pre- and Post-Natal, Diastasis Recti, Endometriosis, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and Menopause.
- Neurological Conditions: Parkinson Disease, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke and Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Oncology: Treatment and Surgical Prehab and Rehab, management of symptoms during treatment and enhancement of chemotherapy course completion.
- Chronic Fatigue and Chronic Pain